Popular Posts

Apr 9, 2015

    This isn't a story but just a notification.

    I've been looking at recording software available out there.  I've been trying to get information on which one is the best, if it's free and have good quality, even better. Some applications, such as FRAPS and D3D, have a trial account but very limited to it's functions.  FRAPS trial can only record for 30 seconds and I haven't dare to try D3D yet because of the huge download size. So far, the one that I can take into consideration is OBS, Open Broadcaster Software.

    OBS sounds like a streaming software, for things like Twitch I would guess? But it has a recording option, and so far it has worked good. But I haven't try it yet in a real gaming environment. OBS is open source, meaning the source codes are available to anyone for any customization. But OBS is also of mediocre quality, meaning the interface is good, the output file is good, everything seems to be in order. A lot of people seems to use it, some professionals use it too.

    I'm just typing this down here so that in the future, if my older self ever try to take up this thing again, he would know that OBS had been his first choice.

    I'm trying to record something, something simple to begin with (it can even record the monitor, for example) but I want try it on a heavy gaming environment like FFXIV so that I can know if my laptop can handle it.

    Even if it's just i7 3rd gen, with GT635m, not even GT680 or something, I think my laptop can record it.  The one that I'm worried about is compiling.  I've tried once before. The compilation took well over 2 hours for a video of some ~100MB size.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment