Popular Posts

Apr 22, 2015

Lingered;Silence gets a website!

I'm so proud to declare that this blog has grown over the years.  It is filled with memories, both bad and good, and also the sour ones. It started small but I believed in those years back, I would come back here and write out my life however way I spend my time in the real world. Right now, this blog has captured some bittersweet memories of my life in words if not pictures.

    I had thought of getting a website of my own for a long time and blogspot has hooked me because of it's simplicity and also because it's free. I learned how to make things look a little bit more beautiful but God knows I'm not a very good stylist. At most, I can just alter the theme to my liking as you can see with the blog. But then I learned how to do things as I go along.

    Now, I don't want to post a lot of stuff. It's morning and I am not a morning person. Seeing as how the blog has grown, I've decided to give it a full website. I had a lot of time to choose my hosting site, my domain name and the price that goes with it. I've decided to go with Arvixe, as it's like one of the hosting sites that I can pay monthly instead of yearly, or two yearly as I don't really like to pay a huge sum of money at the first turn. As of now, every month I would have to pay around $7 or RM25 for the hosting site. The longer the duration of your service for single payment, the lower the rate goes. I would only have to pay $3.5 or RM12 - RM 15 if I would pa for a yearly duration but it all amounts up to $96 or RM300. So, that kind of money would save me for the long run but for now, I would just like to mess around with the site first.

    On the other hand, the host also gives me unlimited space, bandwidth and also a free domain for life as long as my subscription is renewed. So, I guess that gives me the best value for each dollar I give them. Also, they give a lot of options too. I decided to go with Joomla! not only because its what supervisor has told me to study about but based on the review I read, Joomla requires a bit of development knowledge and more customization than Wordpress. I think that suits me the best.

    So, there you go. This blog will still be here but for now, the official site will be

lingeredsilence.com

   As of now, it's still in development (nothing posted yet, I'm still tweaking with the settings) but in the future I hope I can make it beautiful and a place where a lot of people can read my work and offer me comments and criticism. 

    Oh yeah. Anything produced in that site, or by me, will now be called a Lingered;Silence Production. I doubt that there's anyone else with that name but hey, if you do, just tell me and I could change it to something else.

    Also, I've been thinking about a logo for the website and also for me. I know for Silence that it has something to do with papers and serenity but for me? I don't know.

1 comment: