Popular Posts

Aug 30, 2013

FictionPress

Yesterday, or rather today's earliest mornings, I was chatting with Rabbia on Facebook and you know what it's all about. I tried to find out what she likes the most, like talking about a specific topic or something, but so far... we just miss each other too much it seems.

But talking about me is not going to get far, so today I'm talking about this site I found. It is the equivalent of deviantArt for writers. Writers and roleplayers it seems as I tried to find out digging through all that stuff...

fictionpress.com is the place where you can post your stories, doubtless copyrighted to your name I hope, and I think it 's a good way for amuteur writers to try to get some feedback from total strangers.  Remember that long ass draft you did when you just needed to write something, like I am right now? Yeah, you can post some of it here (I say some because I'm still trying to find out how under the Light do they keep copyrights) and strangers will click and read through it, or a portion of it, and they will write reviews of it. If they deem it suits their styles.

Personally, the ones I've read so far has that beginner's style of writing. It reminded me of younger times when I tried to write down several words without seemingly to repeat them. One way or another, I'm probably one of them, despite me trying to improve further on. I felt at home there for a while until I came to the forums.

Oh the forums. Some of those threads are YEARS old and at least few of them are still active. The forums are divided into stories and general but if you're thinking to discuss an important aspect of writing, be ready to dig through all those words because MY WORD, there are so many roleplaying threads here! Seriously, guys, roleplaying is cool but can we get some words in about character personalization, plotting, improving styles, or dialog writing. I did stumble about this thread, comparing each other's dialogs and battle scenes, it was cool first until I noticed the date the thread was created. It was created 5 years ago. My sister is 5 years old. God.

Ah well, I felt at home right there and then though. Writing samples, reading stories, and even people that apparently enjoys a little bit (even if it's too much) roleplaying.

Oh and, I noticed a lack of a beginner's section. Where the heck is the Introduction thread?

No comments:

Post a Comment